UWCRC 2.0 is currently developing a mixed-use, mixed-income residential tower at the corner of Colony St. and St. Mary Ave. The 505 St. Mary project will be replacing a small commercial building and existing surface parking lot (adjacent to the WAG’s Inuit Art Centre).
The project includes 119 studio, one, two and three bedroom units
– 46 of the units (39%) will be rented at Manitoba affordable rates
– 60 of the units (50%) will be rented at market rates
– 13 (11%) of the units at premium market rates
– At least 10% of the units will be barrier free
– 100% of the units will be visitable
– 4-6 of the units, and associated creator spaces, have been set aside for a visiting artists’ short stay rental program (in collaboration with Artspace Inc.)
The project also includes approximately 3,700ft2 of street level commercial space, fronting Colony Street, St. Mary Avenue and Good Street.
Anticipated construction start: Late Spring 2018
Key Participants Owner: UWCRC 2.0 Inc.
Developer: UWCRC 2.0 Inc. Architect: Michael Maltzan Architecture and Cibinel Architecture
Construction Manager: Bockstael Construction Limited