|UWCRC Role:||Developer/Project Manager
|Architect:||DPA + PSA + DIN Collective (David Penner, Peter Sampson Architecture Studio, DIN Projects)|
|Size:||50,000 sq. ft.
|$9.5 million||Provincial Financing
|$5.5 million ||Private Donations
Mixed use, education, retail and contemporary art gallery, owned by a UWinnipeg /Plug-In Institute of Contemporary Art.
Opened: August 2010.
The Buhler Centre is home to: UWinnipeg’s Faculty of Business and Economics and Professional, Applied and Continuing Education programs, Plug-In Institute of Contemporary Art
Stella’s Café is also at located street level
• LEED Silver achieved.
• Foam-insulated metal panels and curtain wall help the building achieve energy performance targets.
• Integrity of the existing structure has been protected while everything new looks like it was meant to be there.
• Interconnected sky-lit student lounges and four-story interior atrium space provide natural light.
• 12 SMART classrooms/lecture rooms, equipped with the latest technology in computer and audiovisual equipment.
• CISCO Tele presence provides expanded opportunities for distance learning, academic meetings and other community initiatives.
• Welcoming building design invites the community in, increasing pedestrian traffic for the public access spaces.
• Unique blend of business and professional education with arts community.
• Supports Plug In ICA’s continued evolution as a research institution.
• Plug-In ICA centres on the presentation of art that confronts ideas and issues affecting contemporary society.
• Featured Aboriginal art throughout the building supports ethno-cultural concerns and interests.