TENANT LIVING ASSISTANT (0.5 FTE)
The University of Winnipeg Community Renewal Corporation (UWCRC) has an opportunity for a part-time Tenant Living Assistant to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the daily activities of the leasing office and provide administrative support to the Property Management team.
The UWCRC is a non-profit corporation proud to be contributing to Winnipeg’s downtown renewal. Our work focuses on recognizing and responding to the local needs, challenges and opportunities that create a thriving and sustainable urban community. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to join a growing and respected company that believes in the core values of customer service, ethics, and education in an environment committed to the implementation of our four pillars of sustainability – environmental, social, economic, and cultural.
The Tenant Living Assistant will report to the Tenant Living Manager and will work cooperatively with other members of UWCRC’s Property Management and Development team.
The Tenant Living Assistant will be detail-oriented and highly organized in prioritizing workloads and possess strong communication and problem solving skills while providing courteous front desk service to tenants, vendors, community service providers and the general public. Administrative/reception experience is a must. Applicants with previous experience in property management, sales or a customer service background will be given preference.
UWCRC is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of racialized communities, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, first preference must be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
For more information about UWCRC please see: www.uwcrc.ca
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following listing is not exhaustive but does highlight some of the positions main responsibilities:
- Provide courteous front desk and customer service support to tenants and directing them to the appropriate staff member as necessary
- Greet prospective tenants and provide them with building information and details of the application process
- Assist with scheduling appointments with prospective tenants to tour the available suite(s)
- Assist with multi-purpose room general information inquiries regarding reservations, scheduling, collection and deposit of rental fees
- Assist with collection of monthly rent and prepare deposit sheet for accounting, collections of late or unpaid rent and follow up on arrears as per company policy
- Respond to all suite and general tenant enquiries (phone, email, walk-ins, etc) about living in their suite
- Promptly respond to all tenant issues and coordinate follow up on service requests
- Assist with lease renewals and retention program
- Accept prospective tenant applications, ensure required documentation is attached and make copies of necessary documents in preparation for the pre-screening process in accordance with company policy
- Promptly advise prospect of approval review outcome, prepare leases, collect deposit, secure signatures on all required paperwork prior to move-in, and process paperwork in accordance with company procedures
- Assist with completion of tenant move out summary and final rent statement upon lease end
- Assist with the move-in/out process that will ensure smooth transitions between tenants
- Exercise considerable judgment and understanding and have the ability to make sound decisions
- General office duties including filing, scanning, photocopying and ordering supplies
- Provide support with marketing of any vacancies on various social media sites
- Maintain professional appearance of the front reception area of the office
- Prepare and distribute letters, memos and notices to tenants as requested
- Assist with maintaining accurate and up to date tenant ledgers in Yardi
- Update and maintain various tenant record lists on a monthly basis as per the tenant living operating manual
- Maintain all electronic and hard copy property files (Tenant, Administration and Project)
- Contribute to policy development and implementation
- Assist with compiling required information/evidence needed for claiming damages to a suite using the prescribed form as per Residential Tenancies Branch
- Perform the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards applicable, including: Health and Safety standards, WHMIS, PIPEDA, PHIA, the Accessibility for Manitobans Act and Human Rights Code
The successful candidate will be a high school graduate with some post-secondary education, and have 2-5 years’ experience in business administration/reception or managing residential properties.
The incumbent will also satisfy the following additional skills/qualifications:
- Self-motivated, professional and flexible; to work independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail with an emphasis on front-line customer service
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Strong sense of confidentiality , tact and diplomacy
- Strong organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills
- Be familiar with the Residential Tenancies Act and landlord/tenant responsibilities thereunder
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to set goals, resolve conflicts and make decisions
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of or experience working in the not-for-profit subsidized housing sector
- Experience with Yardi Genesis2 Property Management software
910 working hours or six (6) months, whichever occurs first
Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
September 9, 2019
July 30, 2019
August 12, 2019 at 4:30 pm
Applicants are asked to send their cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Ms. Crystal Wels Tenant Living Manager
University of Winnipeg Community Renewal Corporation 515 Portage Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2E9
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.